Today we’re excited to tell you the latest version of BackupBuddy, our WordPress backup plugin, just landed with some great new features and enhancements to make backing up your WordPress site even easier and more reliable.
Here are a few things in BackupBuddy 8.0 we think you’re going to love:
- New Super-Charged Backup Profiles for Themes, Plugins & Media Files. With BackupBuddy’s new smart backup profiles, enjoy granular control over the contents of your WordPress backups. Check out new backup profiles to backup themes only, plugins only and media files, along with new powerful exclusions to customize your backups. You’ll find the new Smart Backup Profiles on the BackupBuddy > Backup screen.
- A HUGE Performance Boost for Stash Live’s Real-Time WordPress Backups. The last major version of BackupBuddy included a new real-time WordPress backup system (included for free for all BackupBuddy users). Stash Live can now handle much larger sites with less resource usage so you can always have a real-time backup as changes are made to your website.
- ImportBuddy Improvements – ImportBuddy, BackupBuddy’s tool for moving WordPress sites to a new host and domain, includes some new features to solve some user pain points, plus some new UI improvements. You’ll now found an option to reset your ImportBuddy password and to finalize Search Engine Visibility settings before an Import/Restore completes.
- Deployment Previews – BackupBuddy’s Deployment feature allows you to push and pull changes from a WordPress staging site to a live site. In 8.0, now you can preview what will be transferred during Deployment without actually having to run it.
How to Update to 8.0
There are 3 easy ways to update:
- From the WordPress dashboard (for licensed sites) – Update BackupBuddy directly from the WordPress > Updates page in your WordPress dashboard. Make sure you’ve licensed BackupBuddy to get immediate access to the 8.0 update.
- As a manual zip file download from the iThemes Member Panel – Current BackupBuddy, Plugin Suite and Toolkit customers will find the BackupBuddy 8.0 plugin zip file download available from the iThemes Member Panel > Downloads page.
- From the iThemes Sync dashboard – Easily update all your sites at once from the iThemes Sync Dashboard. Instead of logging into each individual site, you can update BackupBuddy with one click.
The post BackupBuddy 8.0 is Here with New Smart Backup Profiles appeared first on iThemes.
Powered by WPeMatico