I missed everyone last week due to teaching our 16th WordPress Developer Course here at iThemes Training. What an exciting event seeing so many people have “the lightbulb moment” when the WordPress Loop or template hierarchy or interacting with hooks start to make sense. There have also been some really cool (and must read articles) happening here at iThemes. Make sure you haven’t missed the
There have also been some really cool (and must read articles) happening here at iThemes. Make sure you haven’t missed the WordPress checklist for every WordPress site owner, how (and why you might want to) disable the WordPress REST API from your website, and even a walk-through on how to start a WordPress business. The iThemes blog is now a must read location for any serious WordPress user.
- Matt Mullenweg has recently proposed a “growth council” that would come together to help “guide” the future pushes of WordPress. Does this interest you? Do you want to get involved? Do you think this is a good idea?
- In a time of seemingly constant acquisition news, UpdraftPlus has acquired the long-serving WP-Optimize plugin for their upcoming suite of plugins. I also wanted to remind everyone that if you are using iThemes Sync, you won’t need a plugin like wp-optimize on your WordPress site because iThemes Sync provides you with a whole suite of WordPress optimization tools.
- The serious downtime this past week for Bluehost hosting customers is another huge reminder that it’s important to have quality (and migrate-able) backups that you can immediately move your site (or your client’s sites) to a temporary server so you won’t experience such long downtime.
- Kinsta has an excellent article on tasks you can do to achieve the fastest possible Google PageSpeed score.
- According to BuiltWith, WooCommerce now powers 42% of all ecommerce websites.
- In other WordPress plugin acquisition news, the incredibly popular Seriously Simple Podcasting plugin (and addons) now have a new owner.
Interesting WordPress Plugins
- Elementor Pro arrived this week. What do you think? How do you think it compares to a plugin like Beaver Builder?
- Do you miss the text underline and the justify buttons in the WordPress editor that were removed in version 4.7? Now you can add them back with this plugin.
- It’s time to decorate your WordPress site again.
I wanted to thank those of you who write me and let me know about WordPress plugins, news, tutorials and other pieces of content many of you create. I love adding that type of information to our WordPress Weekly Recap posts. You can also let me know about things you come across by emailing email@example.com. Until next week … have a great day.
Powered by WPeMatico