It’s hard to believe it’s already November and in just a few short days (this Sunday) Daylight Savings will be here to roll back the time in many places so that those early morning coffee times won’t be in the dark.
I hope you also didn’t miss a number of the really cool articles that were happening on the iThemes blog like places to find free high-quality images, a conversation with Tom McFarlin on freelance productivity, and even a look at how to become a freelancer.
- WordPress 4.7 is scheduled for release on December 6th. This past week we saw the first beta release and its available for people to test. Several features of note:
- A new default theme – Twenty Seventeen
- Video Headers
- Custom CSS in the Customizer
- PDF Thumbnail previews
- REST API Content endpoints
- Post Type Templates
- Another GPL debate took place over the weekend. You can read about it on Ma.tt’s blog post and see how GPL is about keeping the code open and accessible.
- Noupe has a great collection of ways to enhance the WordPress Visual Editor.
- It is day 3 of NaNoWriMo. Are you writing this month? Are you using WordPress to help you write? Check out this post at WPTavern for ways to participate in NaNoWriMo while using WordPress.
- Lifehack has some good reminders of common SEO mistakes many people make and how to avoid them.
- If you won’t be able to make it to WordCamp US, there will be a live stream that you can follow online.
Interesting and New WordPress Plugins
- There is an interesting new plugin that allows you to bill installments through Stripe using Gravity Forms.
- Receive site optimization tips using this Satellite Optimization plugin.
- Integrate Unsplash stock images directly into WordPress using the Instant Images plugin.
I wanted to thank those of you who write me and let me know about WordPress plugins, news, tutorials and other pieces of content many of you create. I love adding that type of information to our WordPress Weekly Recap posts. You can also let me know about things you come across by emailing email@example.com. Until next week … have a great day.
Powered by WPeMatico