Lots of great content has been happening on the iThemes blog this past week and I hope you didn’t miss articles like how to backup a WordPress site, or how to learn WordPress, or even how to secure WordPress quickly. It’s also been a great week of webinars at iThemes training including an excellent free webinar that you can rewatch now that covers
It’s also been a great week of webinars at iThemes training including an excellent free webinar that you can rewatch now that covers 12 things you can do to freshen up your blog.
- This week saw a very interesting debate about the future of WordPress child themes and whether a simple CSS editor should be used in the WordPress Customizer instead of child themes over on WPTavern.
- Do you use Git in your development workflow? Well there is a way to contribute back right now by taking the Git User Survey to help focus the future development of Git.
- There are “bad parts/experiences” in any community. And after reading the most recent HeroPress post about some of the discouraging experiences in the WordPress community, it is important to remember that WordPress itself is just a bunch of code. There are humans that make up the community and its the human aspect of things that we must take care of when entering into the WordPress “community”.
- It looks like there is again a push to integrate the WP REST API endpoint for content types into WordPress core. There are valid arguments both for and against the integration at this time.
- Yesterday there was an AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Tom McFarlin that you don’t want to miss. I would encourage everyone to read the discussions that took place.
- Again #wpdrama rears its head as it appears GoDaddy has found a way to “jump the queue” to get their themes published quickly into the WordPress repo.
- Do you know about some of the features currently be working on for WordPress 4.7? If you are a developer you may want to take a look at that “good and bad” review of the development.
New and Interesting WordPress Plugins
- Now you can easily add image/picture licensing information for items uploading into WordPress with this Media License plugin.
- This pedigree builder plugin makes it easy to show the pedigree lineage of pets.
- This plugin for SoundCloud opens up a ton of options for embedding and adding audio files for your WordPress site.
I wanted to thank those of you who write me and let me know about WordPress plugins, news, tutorials and other pieces of content many of you create. I love adding that type of information to our WordPress Weekly Recap posts. You can also let me know about things you come across by emailing email@example.com. Until next week … have a great day.
Powered by WPeMatico