The next few months for many freelancers are filled with “interruptions” in your normal working schedule. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and more.
It is important that you have checklists and systems in place so none of your regular tasks are missed during times when you are are traveling and/or required to be away from your regular work environment. You can always look through these 75 tasks to do on a regular basis to keep your WordPress websites running smoothly if you need help getting started.
- It looks like the WP REST API content endpoints have been approved for merger into core for WordPress 4.7 and then the WP REST API authentication work will focus on WordPress 4.8.
- Hopefully you didn’t miss out on this overview of 404 pages (both funny and clever) as well as a quick tutorial on how to make your own.
- Another plugin that has been working towards core merger, Customize Snapshot, was finally merged into core this week. This means that for the next WordPress release (4.7), the ability to allow Customizer states to be drafted, and previewed with a private URL will be default in WordPress.
- Gina Trapani wrote a great thought piece on using WordPress without shame.
- SitePoint put together 11 tips on debugging WordPress that every developer should know about.
- If you love the inner-workings of a plugin’s code you should definitely check out Josh Pollock’s overview of form processing in CalderaForms.
- Torque.io shared a post this week that I’m extremely excited to finally see. They look at how Let’s Encrypt has completely changed the SSL landscape of the web.
- WPZoom has written an excellent article on how to maximize the potential of a WordPress magazine theme. And while it is geared towards their own themes the article has many excellent takeaways for any WordPress developer.
New and Interesting WordPress Plugins
- If you have been looking for a way to protect an entire suite of products in WooCommerce you can now use this neat little plugin WooCommerce Password Protected Categories.
- Do you want an easy to use (and visually pleasing) way of displaying testimonials on your (or client) sites?
- Do you love Kanban (sort of like Trello in WordPress) and now want to automate the process using Gravity Forms? Now you can!
- Tracking if people are sharing your content on social networks is now made easier with this WordPress Social plugin.
I wanted to thank those of you who write me and let me know about WordPress plugins, news, tutorials and other pieces of content many of you create. I love adding that type of information to our WordPress Weekly Recap posts. You can also let me know about things you come across by emailing email@example.com. Until next week … have a great day.
Powered by WPeMatico