This past week I have been challenged by two quotes.
“Mistakes are proof that you are trying.”
“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
When was the last time you didn’t fear making a mistake or pushed yourself beyond your own comfort zone? As a freelancer, web developer, or blogger, there should be no fear of pushing beyond where we are comfortable.
We shouldn’t fear mistakes. Because when we push beyond and make a mistake we learn more about ourselves and our abilities that can be refined for the next time we push beyond our comfort zone.
- What would WordPress be without a little weekly “controversy” or misunderstanding. For some time there has been some confusion about what qualifies a theme or plugin for the “Popular” list on the WordPress repository. Now it looks like some light has been provided on the system.
- Its always interesting to find out about large corporations that are using WordPress for their websites. Here is a collection of companies using WordPress, including the #1 ranked company in Inc. 5000 rankings.
- Do you use the Elementor page builder? Well now there are a number of new free homepage templates available.
- There are pros and cons when using Google AMP to deliver your content faster and more efficiently. Many of these issues are discussed in this getting started with AMP and WordPress blog. Each site owner will have to decide is “speed of delivery” more important that retaining control and branding. Good questions to tackle.
- Josh Pollock dives into talking about PHP string comparisons and the importance of hashes and nonce when dealing with code and security.
- Having a personal friend who fell out of a 10 story hotel window (and lived) really brought home the lastest HeroPress story by Eric Kuznacic about his journey with WordPress.
New and Interesting WordPress Plugins
- Now you can add conditional fields for Contact Form 7.
- Are you looking for a better way to plan your next novel using WordPress?
- I really think the new norm for WordPress is “another week… another page builder plugin.” Here’s the Utter Builder. Maybe we’re also running out of page builder names.
I wanted to thank those of you who write me and let me know about WordPress plugins, news, tutorials and other pieces of content many of you create. I love adding that type of information to our WordPress Weekly Recap posts. You can also let me know about things you come across by emailing email@example.com. Until next week … have a great day.
Powered by WPeMatico